The Box Office Hit “Beyond The Lights“, written and directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood, maker of the hit movie “Love and Basketball“, delivered another slam dunk in entertainment with this drama filled, moving and purposeful cinema blockbuster. She was inspired after attending an Alicia Keys concert to create this masterpiece. Powerhouse performances by Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nate Parker, Minnie Driver, and a host of other talented supporting actors and actresses bring this story of the rise, and fall of a pop star to life with passion, emotion and compassion needed to show what happens literally beyond the lights in her life.
Even the music was phenomenal and well suited for the movie. My absolute favorite was the song below performed by Rita Ora, Grateful. It’s poetic, yet profoundly exudes strength and promise of a better tomorrow. There are so many elements that are necessary to make a great movie and this one has all of the key ingredients to make a timeless movie filled with lessons that will last a lifetime.
To keep from having to create a series of “spoiler alerts,” I’ve described only the surface of this great movie with video to support. I even love their “#TheTrueYou” social media campaign where they are encouraging people to embrace their natural beauty. With this in mind, it’s only fitting that today, we will talk about how to #IGNITEyourLife “Beyond the Lights”.
Yes, there comes a time where we have to step away from the both the real and virtual stages, the conferences, the social media posts, the in person/virtual seminars and video conferences and even general organic public appearances. In those times, when it’s just you and the man/woman in the mirror, we have to take the real test of dealing with ourselves– by ourselves. There are no likes to support us when we look in the mirror every morning. There are no posts to help cheer us on or in-boxes, texts, or calls to share how great we are. Only our very own internal dialogue remains. It is in these times that we must remain positively charged so you can #IGNITEyourLife from the inside out.
1. Be honest with your emotions. Whether they are good, bad, happy or sad, deal with your emotions and work your way through them so you can find a better feeling and stay positively charged. Even if you feel good, find your way to great so you can maximize your energy!
2. Monitor your internal dialogue. What matters most is not what others say about you but what you say about yourself. It’s not what you are called, but rather what you answer to. You know you are great but what are you telling yourself daily with your actions. Be great. Don’t accept less than what you deserve. Your core beliefs about yourself is what you are experiencing everyday. Change your own game with powerful internal dialogue that is louder than your circumstances.
3. Create intentional thoughts. Happiness is a decision. Joy, a more intense and fulfilling form of happiness, is a decision. Strength is a decision. Courage is a decision. Be intentional about your decisions regarding yourself and your attitude toward life. Life happens. The question is: “What will be your state of mind when it does happen?”
4. Mind over matter. The brain is so powerful that it is wired to create around the clock. With the intentional thoughts described above, one has no limit to what one can achieve in life. Your belief system impacts what thoughts your mind creates which in turn impacts the actions you take. Retrain your brain to achieve success daily.
5. Know you have the victory. When it comes to the battlefield of the mind, the only way to win is to know deep down inside that you already have the victory. Practice this conviction daily so you can always stay the champion you were born as based on your spiritual DNA. It’s when we finally come into that mental awareness that we become and consistently stay the champions we already are.
Most people feel it takes great strength to face people you know secretly hate you in the light. This is true. However, it takes even greater courage to be who you are in spite of the the darkness that’s revealed in the light. Greater still is the courage you are able to maintain within yourself each day you rise #BeyondTheLights! Continue to dare greatly. Greatness is in you because you were created by the Greater One who lives within you.
Do you need a stellar movie/music/book review that will help increase your bottom line?
Connect with me today and set your #IGNITEyourLife with Toy Parker